winbindd: error opening lsa handle on dc

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.tcimet.net
Sat Jan 5 07:15:03 GMT 2002

ahh.. it seems that winbindd just tries to synchronize accounts with a win
server.  I was hoping to have more administrative control of the user
groups, etc. from windows computers.  I guess I have to wait until 3.0.

Is it possible to everyone into the a 'domain users' group, but have
greater control over the local computer, ie a 'power user'?  Currently, I
put everyone into the domain admin group so that they'd have access to
install programs, etc.  I don't like the idea that they can map other
computers admin shares (ie, \\computer\c$) without even a password.  I
would like this all to happen with common/roaming profiles.

-Paul