Winbindd

Carl Carpenter ccarpenter at hillcountry.org
Fri Jan 4 07:02:25 GMT 2002

I am using RH 7.1 and Samba 2.2.2 with winbindd.  While it generally seems
to be working, group permissions are giving me a problem.  Group ownership
for a specific directory is established as 10007, which translates to my NT
domain's Domain Admins group.  I am trying to access the directory through a
share using Windows 2000 workstation.  The group has RWX permissions yet, as
a member of that group, I can't save a file to that directory.  I have to
change the world to RWX.  Then when I save a file, it shows the owner as
nobody.  The smb.conf pertaining to that share looks like this:

[Intranet]
	path = /usr/local/apache/htdocs/
	read only = No
	guest ok = Yes
	browseable = No

It appears that I may have a disconnect between winbindd and Samba, but I
don't know what.  Any ideas?  I'm not a member of the list, so please
respond privately.  Thanks.

Carl Carpenter
IT Manager
Hill Country Community MHMR Center
"Hiroshima 1945, Chernobyl 1986, Windows 2000"

---