Samba Newbie

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Jan 1 11:45:02 GMT 2002

Depends on the system.  For Redhat 7.x, it is:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart

> b) ensure that swat will start on system boot.

Again, depends on the system.  Again, for Redhat 7.x:

chkconfig --list
will show you how everything is currently set, and

man chkconfig will tell you how to change them, ie:

chkconfig --level 3 swat on
will cause swat to be started automatically when the box is started in
runlevel 3.

Hope this helped...

Charles