[Samba] smbmount questions

Peter-Paul Keulers keulers at mi.fgg.eur.nl
Wed Feb 27 02:38:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm having some problems with smbmount:

I'm using Redhat 6.2 and previously had version 2.0.6 of samba running on the box. Problem was everytime I tried mounting a windows 2000 share on my linux i would have a 6 Gb limit (after copying 6 Gb I would receive input/output errors). I looked at the shares using df -h and sure enough it says the mount is only 6 Gb of which 0 free.

I thought this was a bug so I updated my samba to 2.2.0 this morning, but the problem is still there. Furthermore the smbmount and umount commands are gone and I can only mount the windows share using mount -t smb.

Anybody know what's going?

Any help appreciated,

Peter-Paul Keulers