[Samba] Need help with password and character set

Felix Tran Felix.Tran at digidyne.ca
Tue Feb 26 11:42:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm pretty sure this is a common problem, but I haven't seen any
solution for it yet.

I'm running samba 2.2.3 and i am using the password authentication from
a windows PDC server.

I tried to set a specific character set in the smb.conf file
character set = ISO8859-1

and as soon as I restart samba with this option, nobody can map their
drives anymore.

If i remove the option they can log in again without any problems.

I would appreciate if anybody had a clue on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance

NOTE: You can e-mail me at: Felix.Tran at digidyne.ca or
support at digidyne.ca

                                                      DigiDyne Inc.   /
Felix Tran                                2294, 32nd avenue
Advanced System Administrator             Lachine, Quebec
Professionnal Services                    H8T 3H4
mailto:Felix.Tran at digidyne.ca             Tel.: (514) 420-2619
http://www.digidyne.ca                    Fax:  (514) 631-4411