[Samba] Samba through modem ?!

Oliver Six o.six at cahos.net
Tue Feb 26 08:16:32 GMT 2002

pinguimsp <pinguimsp at bol.com.br> wrote on 25.02.2002 23:52:29:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Before anything else, I'm sorry about my bad english!
>>>
>>> I'm using mgetty to provide a kind of RAS to my network... but I'm
>>> unable to provide access to the samba through the modem...
>>>
>>> This is my enviroment:
>>>      -Slackware 8.0
>>>      -Kernel 2.4.17
>>>      -Samba 2.2.3a
>>>      -Mgetty-1.1.28
>>>      -Iptables v1.2.5
>>>
>>> What do I need to access my samba network through the modem?
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> --
>>>  Marcos Saint'Anna
>>>  pinguimsp at bol.com.br

Hi Marcos,

I think you're experiencing the same problems I had setting up dialin to
samba via ISDN. You need to enable "wins support" in smb.conf and tell the
client machine to use this wins server.

Ciao Oliver
--
Good programming is 40% experience, 30% skill, 20% RTFM, 10% caffeine, and
5% attention to detail.

Oliver Six, CEO
CAHOS GmbH, Cimbernstr. 51, Germany 81377 Muenchen
Phone +49 89 71 01 93 41,  Fax +49 89 71 01 93 42