[Samba] Using LDAP and Samba I'm getting a stange error

samba at panic.fluff.org samba at panic.fluff.org
Sun Feb 24 02:22:03 GMT 2002

Hi,
>     ldapadd -D "cn=root,o=smb,dc=picotech,dc=net" -W
>      Enter LDAP Password:
>     ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute
This error messages tend to point to the fact you haven't as yet
configured the SASL configuration used by the OpenLDAP
depending on how you compiled OpenLDAP and which Unix you are using the
SASL configuration files are in different places. I would suggest a "man
sasl" command would assist in finding where your config files are (RedHat
7.1 /usr/lib/sasl" and how to configure the sasl realm and configure
OpenLDAP to use it.

Another trick is simply to recompile OpenLDAP withoug SASL support.
	Edmund
Edmund J. Sutcliffe                     Thoughtful Solutions; Creatively
<edmunds at panic.fluff.org>               Implemented and Communicated
<http://panic.fluff.org>                +44 (0) 7976 938841