[Samba] File Locking Problems

Stephen Carville stephen at totalflood.com
Wed Feb 20 12:49:05 GMT 2002

I am having a problem with (I think) file locking on the inventory
tracking software: Track-It 4.1 Standard Edition from Blue Ocean
Software

Sometimes when the agents try to open the help desk files the program
just hangs.  I can find no reason for this but I am wondering if the
oplocks might be causing the problem.  smbstatus reports the following
on the relevant files:

DENY_NONE
RDWR
EXCLUSIVE+BATCH
/export/netapps/tiw4std/TASKS.CDX

DENY_NONE
RDWR
EXCLUSIVE+BATCH
/export/netapps/tiw4std/USERFLDS.DBF

DENY_NONE
RDWR
EXCLUSIVE+BATCH
/export/netapps/tiw4std/TASKS.FPT

DENY_NONE
RDONLY
LEVEL_II
/export/netapps/tiw4std/WORKSTAT.DBF

All of the program files, including the executable and any DLL's are
on the Samba server.  I am using Samba version 2.2.1a

-- Stephen Carville
UNIX and Network Administrator
DPSI (formerly Ace USA Flood Services)
310-342-3602