[Samba] Doco! ARGH! (smbpasswd's not up to date on the web site)

Phil Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 07:24:02 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 22:04:08 -0000 Noel Kelly <nkelly at tarsus.co.uk> wrote:

> Sounds like you just talked yourself into a job there Phil!

I am one of the people who needs the documentation.  I am new to SAMBA and do not
know anywhere near enough about it to write any documentation.  Only the people who
write the code (or have the understanding and time to study it) can provide the
information which is needed.

It seems to me that quite a good job was done a few releases ago.  However, it has
been significantly changed since then with new features being added and support for
changes to Windows.  The documentation has not been kept in step.  Since I am trying
to use W2K and XP I need more up-to-date documentation.

I refer again to the Exim mail package where the auther will not issue code until
the documentation has been updated.

Phil.