[Samba] Locking Options. - ACT Database

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Feb 19 13:16:07 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 10:18, Paul Adair wrote:
> I am trying to share an ACT 2000 database on a Samba shared network drive.
> Act does not currently support Samba shared networking but they do not see
> any reason why it should not work.
>
> Is anyone else out there using ACT in a multi-user environment over a Samba
> shared drive?  If so what settings are you using for the "oplocks" and
> "level2 oplocks" for the share?

I assume that you're talking about the "database is corrupt" problem that occurs
when a second person attempts to open a database?

We've seen this, but have yet to find a workaround.  I also haven't had much time
to diagnose it and determine what causes it.

It's purely an ACT! thing, Access databases and other types of shared access
work fine, but ACT! is doing something in a broken manner.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technology technical services