[Samba] Samba Question

Jeffrey Hovis Jeffrey.Hovis at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 19 13:10:04 GMT 2002

Hi Andrew,

I am in the process of downloading the file
Samba-2.2.3a-sd-10.20.depot.gz from the web address:
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Networking/Misc/samba-2.2.3a/.  I
had downloaded the source package from another site.  But when I tried
to run the ./configure command, I received several errors that said the
gcc and cc compilers were not set up correctly.  So I decided to try the
binary version so that I could get around the problems with the
compilers.  The site that I downloaded the source package also had a few
binary packages.  But they did not have the binary for Samba 2.2.3a.

I will likely be emailing you from time to time as I set Samba up on
this machine and I was wondering if that would be okay with you?  I am
subscribed to samba at lists.samba.org and could send my questions to that
mailing list.  But I just thought that emailing you would more timely.

Jeffrey Hovis