[Samba] [2.2.2+cups] with Linux vs FreeBSD ??

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Mon Feb 18 17:30:03 GMT 2002

Hello Family,

I have been using RedHat-6.2 and Samba-2.2.2 (and cups) with no
problems, my windows_2000 boxes all print fine.

On the same computer I have a removable hard-drive tray and I
inserted a new drive, loaded FreeBSD-4.5, and samba-2.2.2, used the
same smb.conf file (checked for path changes) and edited the two
files called /usr/local/etc/mime.convs  and
/usr/local/etc/mime.types to comply with the hacks I did before to
make 2000 work.

I also reloaded the win2000 printer drivers EXACTLY as I've done in
the past with Linux and it all went well.

Does anyone have Samba-2.2.2 and FreeBSD working with CUPS ?

TIA

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)