[Samba] Cross Subnet Browsing.

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Mon Feb 18 10:12:13 GMT 2002

If you are setting these up on an existing NT domain architecture then make
sure you configure them to talk to the wins server but not *be* the wins
server.  The Wins communication is essential when working with cross subnet
browsing in an NT Domain.  I would recommend you make sure that domain
master = no and preferred master = no.  Let you NT servers be the master
browsers for your subnets.  I used SWAT to configure my smb.conf file.  the
help pages they link into the web page have proven to be very helpful when
configuring each option.
-Dan