[Samba] Samba help for domain user setup (samba 3.x)

Josh Konkol susesambaboy at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 07:44:12 GMT 2002

I agree that Winbindd appears to be working fine.

What happens when you browse to the share and try to open it?  Does it ask
you for a username and password or just say access is denied.

What are the permissions on /var/switch/INTEC_DB/UNEP set to?  For the
purpose of this test I would chmod 777 /var/switch/INETC_DB/UNEP.  You can
always change this later after we get it working.

I need to see the part of the log.winbindd where you are trying to connect.
Stop winbindd, then delete the log, start it again, try to connect then send
me a copy of the log.

Josh