[Samba] Re: SMB mount/umount probs

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Feb 18 06:34:16 GMT 2002

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Alberto Mesas Navarro wrote:

> I have a linux server with some jobs at cron, that job reads some files from
> windows stations, i read these files via samba.
>
> My problem is that all works perfectly until the windows station reboots (it
> reboots every nite but no way to know exact time), at morning when linux
> should restart the process the mounted drive is dead, i try to umount/mount
> the drive from cron every morning but nothing, I must kill smb and restart
> it again to get the drive mounted again.
>
> Any ideas? Is there a way to get SMB "remount" the driver if the windows
> station rebooted?

Assuming you do not find a better solution you might want to use autofs
to take care of mounting and umounting the filesystems. That way (presumably)
when the windows machines are rebooted the windows filesystems will not be
mounted. I use it here and it works just fine although I do not reboot
anything daily.

HTH,

--
......Tom		BITTERNESS: Never be Afraid to Share Your Dreams
tdiehl at rogueind.com	with the World, Because There's Nothing the World