[Samba] Same userdirectory under different names?

Remco van Essen rve at classified-it.nl
Mon Feb 18 03:19:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

First: I'm new to the list so please forgive me if this question has been
asked before. I did my research by browsing the archives but did not find a
problem similair to mine.

I've installed Samba 2.2.3 on RedHat 7.2 acting as PDC and fileserver. I use
win2k clients to connect to a domain and all is working well.

I have a small problem:

I've created userdirs (home) for several employees. When connecting to the
share \\server\user1 , I get the homedir of user1. But when connection to
\\server\user2 (connecting as user1) I still get the homedir of user1. I
would like to have a 'acces denied' message when trying to connect others
homedirs, instead of entering my own homedir (presented by a different
name).

Any idea's ?

Remco