[Samba] Samba on HPUX 10.20

System Administrator sysadmin at gfm.co.uk
Fri Feb 15 10:39:02 GMT 2002

Hi.

I'm not to sure about HP-UX as we moved away from that
a couple of years ago, but it could be that /tmp is
actually swap space.

It could be this which is causing your errors.
I would first try downloading to a different file system
location.  One that you have full control over for read
and write.

This may not be your problem, but compiling under /tmp
is never a good idea, and come to think of it, /tmp
shouldn't really be used except by system processes
(if you desire stability on your system that is).

Hope that helps.

Con.

Con Harte
Systems Administrator