[Samba] Samba on Solaris 2.8 with Windows 2000

ST494 at daimlerchrysler.com ST494 at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Feb 15 10:05:03 GMT 2002

I need to mount a solaris file system to the windows 2000 professional.
Installed the samba latest binary 2.2.2 on solaris 2.8, and have changed
the smb.conf file.
When I map the drive with Ip address of the solaris box and the workgroup
name, it gives me err - " The account is not authorized to log in from this
station".
I have added a user/pwd to access the solaris box on win 2000.
Attached in the smb.conf file.
Am I missing something? Do I need to change anything on win 2000.
The samba documentation doesnt discuss on Win 2000.
Thanx for the help in advance.

Shashi

Shashi Tenneti
Daimler Chrysler
ITM TestLab
Tel#: 810-758-8959
Tie Line: 821-8959

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.