[Samba] I cant get samba to recognize my smb.conf file

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri Feb 15 08:36:10 GMT 2002

testparm is your friend :-)

The first line of output tells where it is looking for the smb.conf
file

jan wrote:

> Jeffrey D. Means wrote:
>
> >Now I am fully confused I want to use ACL's on my
> >filesystem but I can not make a Samba installation that reads my
> >smb.conf file.
>
> hi,
>
> did you indicated something like this
> --with-configdir=/usr/local/samba-normal/lib ??
> I think that you should explicitely indicate the path where samba has to
> read its config file ...
> At the beginning I had the same problem because I don't want to have
> samba in the default /usr/local/samba path.
>
> good luck
>
> jan

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177