[Samba] Printer output dying on its way to Windows

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Thu Feb 14 15:53:16 GMT 2002

I have the following setup:

RH 7.2
CUPS 1.1.13
Gimp-Print 4.2.0
Samba 2.2.1a

I also have a Windows 98 computer in my network.  Attached to the
Windows 98 computer is an Epson Photo Stylus 820 printer, by a USB
connection.

When I attempt to print any document to the printer, the document fades
out towards the end; each page is intact until the last page, when the
last few lines of the document fade away.

I can hook the printer up directly to the Linux computer, and it prints
just fine, so I assume that there is something wrong in Samba.

Any suggestions or help would be most appreciated.  Really.  You have no
idea.

--
Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford