[Samba] incorrect password length (1305249416)

Ralph Ballier ballier at schule.de
Wed Feb 13 23:29:03 GMT 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Ralph Ballier wrote:
> >

> > If I look in log.smbd, I found the following error messages:
> >
> > api_samr_set_userinfo: Unable to unmarshall SAMR_Q_SET_USERINFO
> > libsmb/smbencrypt.c: decode_pw_buffer(263)
> > decode_pw_buffer: incorrect password length (1305249416)
>
> My normal reation to this particular error is to check that 'encrypt
> passwords = yes'.

thanks for your answer. I have found the solution in mail archive:
it is necessary to use the account "root" for administrative. It's
not enough to insert an administrive user, perhaps "ballier" in
smb.conf.

Ralph

> Andrew Bartlett
>
> --
> Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
> Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
> Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net
> http://samba.org     http://build.samba.org     http://hawkerc.net

        Verein zur Foerderung eines Offenen Deutschen Schul-Netzes e.V.
            Ralph Ballier, Vorstand ODS-Verein e.V., 12357 Berlin
   E-Mail: ballier at schule.de, Tel.: 030 - 66 09 81 16, Fax: 030 - 66 09 81 25
                            http://www.schule.de