[Samba] linux groups & NT global groups with winbindd

Doug Aldridge doug at aldridge.net
Wed Feb 13 14:59:03 GMT 2002

I think I figured out another way. It's not as granular as NT but it works.
I just list my domain global groups in the "valid users = " parameter and
then use a force group in the same share. That way any allowed domain global
group will have access under the name of one global group. Did that make any
sense? :-)

Oh well...tested and works. Thanks for everyones' help. And Don, I will look
into the ACLs also.

Thanks,
Doug