[Samba] w2k sp2 roaming profiles and Samba-2.2.2

John N Zigman john at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 12 13:55:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I have a Samba 2.2.2 server running on Mandrake 8.1. It is
setup as the sole domain controller on an isolated network.
I have added several machines to the domain and that part
seems to work fine.

I have a problem with roaming profiles. If some logs onto a machine in
the domain and logs out everything is fine. However, if another user
with a different account logs onto the domain with a different account
from the same machine within a short time it results in an "Access
Denied" error where it is unable to read the roaming profile, and unable
to update it when they log off the machine.

Any suggsetions greatly appreciated

The assumed relavent parts of the Samba config file follow.

Note: The permissions, owner and group of /data/profiles seem ok

[global]
logon path = \\%N\Profiles\%u
logon drive = U:
logon home = \\%N\%u