[Samba] linux groups & NT global groups with winbindd

Doug Aldridge doug at aldridge.net
Tue Feb 12 13:19:04 GMT 2002

I posed this question earlier but it was with another question and I think
it got lost.

I have winbindd up and running and working great.

If I add NT domain users to an NT domain global group, add that group to a
local linux group in /etc/group, and then assign that local linux group
ownership of an object (file or dir) should this work? In other words, can
you still use local linux groups as you would local groups on an NT member
server once winbindd is running?

Doug