[Samba] Problem with adding ACL support to my kernel

Al Moote amoote at ivhs.com
Mon Feb 11 11:44:08 GMT 2002

I have tackled alot of problems so far with my install and now I have hit a snag.  I thought I'd throw this at you guys.  I hope it's samba-related enough so that I don't get flamed for asking.  ;)

After compiling the kernel with support for ACLs and all that other good stuff, I am just about at the point where I'll run "make install" for the kernel.  What I am trying to do is make the image file to reference for SCSI support.
When I run:

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.17-021102.img 2.4.17-021102

I get the message:

All of your loopback devices are in use!

Needless to say it's not creating the .img file I need.  This past week has been my first experience with recompiling the 2.4 kernel.
Any suggestions?

Al Moote