[Samba] samba manuals

BASING Denis Zvegelj linux at basing.si
Sat Feb 9 01:53:06 GMT 2002

Hi!

    Not sure who is really responsible for this, but it'd be good to put some more info into the readme file (installation guide)
I could not find any explanation for the compile (configure) arguments, except in ./configure --help, which isn't very much explaining.
I was trying to get browse list populated accross lan for the last 6 months ( and I've used samba for 2 years before), and finally made it last night with a very random (at least for regular user)  move, which was chmod of the samba log dir...
.. or adding guest account to be a real account with smbpasswd...

You should put those basic info in a single install manual, so users don't spend hours to configure it.  It is only a matter of 50 lines or so of the text.

...Samba is a great package of software and all the credit to all people involved in the project.

Regards
Denis Zvegelj