[Samba] Configure Problems ...

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Thu Feb 7 08:21:08 GMT 2002

Excellent - I have a similar problem - hopefully they are related and there
will be a solution.

I am trying todays Samba v3 alpha (whatever it is today), and try to
configure with the following :

./configure \
--prefix=/usr \
--bindir=/usr/bin \
--sbindir=/usr/sbin \
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec \
--datadir=/usr/share/samba \
--sysconfdir=/etc/samba \
--localstatedir=/usr/local/samba/var \
--libdir=/usr/lib \
--with-lockdir=/var/locks/samba \
--with-swatdir=/usr/share/samba/swat \
--with-codepagedir=/etc/samba/codepages \
--with-configdir=/etc/samba \
--with-smbwrapper \
--with-automount \
--with-smbmount \
--with-pam \
--with-pam_smbpass \
--with-winbind

I get exactly the same error. (configure: error: summary failure. Aborting
config)

Not very helpful. This is the devel box, so I am not really putting huge
effort into finding it, but it would be nice to try v3.