[Samba] Domain Authentication Issues

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Thu Feb 7 06:33:28 GMT 2002

Well,
Looks like there isn't a ton of Solaris testing folks out ...
Perhaps I can ask a different question.
As some of you may have read in my previous e-mail, I'm trying to setup
samba on Solaris 8 to authenticate domain users on my NT domain.  I don't
want this samba server to act as a domain controller.  I wanted to use
winbind to help sync the user accounts, but it seams that winbind isn't
supported for Solaris.  Is there a way that I can configured a Linux machine
to run win bind and place the user entries into NIS (or NIS+) so that when a
user connects to the sun machine, they are authenticated by the Domain?
Thanks,
-Dan

Daniel J. Thomas
Systems Administrator
Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD

Balt:    (443) 778-7924
Wash:  (240) 228-7924

"Always avoid a bad file copy...
You can never know when your replication proceeds you."
                               -Anonymous Author