[Samba] winbindd almost working, perhaps ?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Feb 6 06:43:03 GMT 2002

Nothing *will* get written to /etc/passwd or /etc/group.  The winbind
information is combined with the information in those files via the nsswitch
mechanism, the files are not altered.

What do you get from the following commands (with winbindd running)?

wbinfo -t
(Should say "Secret is good.")

wbinfo -u
(Should give a list of all domain users.)

getent passwd
(Should list all local and all domain users.)