[Samba] Samba and sendmail.

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Feb 6 05:35:08 GMT 2002

You might find that sendmail is configured to do expansions on the +
character, I did once look into the sendmail config, but gave up in the end
and now use postfix (much easier to understand.)  I believe the +
operator's default behaviour in sendmail is to forward the mail to the
machine before the plus and send it to whatever is after the plus as a user
on that machine i.e. forwards to Piotrek at JEDYNKA in your case.  sendmail
probably cannot resolve the hostname JEDYNKA as it isn't a host but a
domain.  You may find the easiest answer is to change the winbind char to
something else (although I don't know what!).

Martyn