[Samba] Record loging with dos and unix

Roehrl, Helmut Helmut.Roehrl at compaq.com
Tue Feb 5 14:14:05 GMT 2002

Hello,

i have a configuration who works an arcocobol runtime engine under Linux and a ohter one from dos (read only) over samba on the same Datafiles. It works fine. But now i need to wirte from dos to this files. I tried it with the option
Kernel oplocks=yes. It will not work. If the Linux program first lock something .Nobody is able to use the Programm from dos. I use SUSE 7.3 with Kernel 2.4.10 and Samba 2.2.1a. Can anybody give me a config where will better work.

Helmut Röhrl
Compaq Customer Service
FON:+49-89-9591-1660
FAX: +49-89-9591-1211
D-81927 München, Freischützstr. 91, Germany
e-mail: Helmut.Roehrl at Compaq.com