[Samba] Autostart of SMB

Hactar eben at gate.net
Sun Feb 3 17:24:25 GMT 2002

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Michael Lueck wrote:

> SMB does not auto start, so each time I power up the Linux box I must
> run:
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start
>
> How would one make this happen automatically...

Make sure there's start links (probably in /etc/rc.d/rc?.d) in the levels
you care about named S??something, and stop links in the levels in which
you want to stop it (at least 0 and 6, maybe 1 too), named K??something.
I think chkconfig will set up these links for you, at least on RedHat
Linux.  If you do it by hand, use soft links, not hard.

--
-eben         eQbWeEnR at gTaYtUeI.nOePt        home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar

             This message was created using recycled electrons.