[Samba] how to verify the connection between a Samba server and a Windows Xp client?

Kurt Weiss info at kwnet.at
Tue Dec 31 10:35:01 GMT 2002

Simo Sorce schrieb:
 > On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 10:37, John H Terpstra wrote:
 >
 >>You can not have a machine name and a user name that are the same.
 >>
 >>- John T.
 >

 > Sorry john but seem you are wrong.
 > I've seen tons of setup made that way and also tested recentely this
 > thing while thinking of the gums api for head.

"our" win xp disallowes this, already widthin a single user
installation. ;-)

so i think that a view libraries has problems width this case...

in w2k/me/98/95 it was possible, but microsoft self disapproved this
(since win 3.11 !!!) if u was phoneing with their support. :-(

as far as i know, samba has no problems with this...

--
mit freundlichen grüssen
www.kwnet.at, one step behind future...

Ing. Kurt Weiß
Softwareentwicklung,  EDV Beratung und - Betreuung
A-6425 Haiming, Gartenweg 3
Tel.: +43 699 1 272 9926 / Fax: +43 699 4 272 9926
E-Mail: info at kwnet.at
Web:
http://www.kwnet.at     http://www.oberlandinfo.at
Die Krise ist ein produktiver Zustand.