[Samba] can not connect to the shared printer

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at aero.und.edu
Mon Dec 23 16:31:00 GMT 2002

Hi there,

I'm learning Samba and I really appreciate somebody out there can help
me out. I'm using RedHat advanced server and a windows 2000. I created a
workgroup on samba and only samba machine and win2k machine are members.
I shared the printer attached to the Linux. From win2k PC, I can see the
workgroup, but I can not find the samba host from the workgroup, nor
does the printer. The smb.conf is attached.

I run smbclient -NL <hostname> and it shows the printer under the Sharename.
If I run net view //<hostname>,  it returns that: "System error 53 has
occured, the network pass was not found"

I setup the samba 2 days ago, and the same problem happened then and
now. BTW, I can mount a windows share from Linux, so I guess samba is
running.

Thanks and merry Christmas.

Xiaodong