[Samba] PROBLEM SOLVED: Samba + Backup Exec 8.6

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Mon Dec 23 05:43:25 GMT 2002

	Ha! Got it!

	Here's the issue in case anyone else runs into this. Backup Exec 8.6, for whatever reason, apparently does not detect the appropriate permissions when it simply scans the samba share during setup. You have to actually define the share yourself under 'User Defined Selections' in the Backup Selections window.

	Once I physically told BEX about the samba share, it promptly showed up with no problem at all, and the directory selections were no longer grayed out.

	Now I can move on to other things (finally!) Keep the peace(es).

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)