[Samba] I am at my wits end

Jason Kirschenmann jasonkirschenmann at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 23:52:00 GMT 2002

Hi,
I'm a relatively new Samba user and this is my problem.  I have gone through
all of the DIAGNOSIS.txt and only get errors in Test 8 and 9.  They
repeatedly give me the same error i get when i try and access my samba
server and that is
"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"  My computer is
part of a domain if you need to know that.
This is my smb.conf file
[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	load printers = yes
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
	wins server = whitestar
	username map = etc/samba/user.map
	public = yes
	guest account = nobody