[Samba] Samba 2.2.7a

Clay Kinney clayway at excite.com
Tue Dec 17 14:53:02 GMT 2002

 I am using Slackware 8.1 and just compiled samba 2.2.7a with only smbmount added to the configure script. First of two issues: When trying to access swat I get 401 Bad Authorization
username or password incorrectSwat worked in 2.2.7 so I don't know what happened here.... Second issue: When creating a folder on the samba share from W2K or NT4 I get a windows pop up alert stating "You may not be able to access files created in the folder \\sambaserver\share. Do you want to continue? YES/NO Otherwise everything works great, I am just sick of the Create Folder warning..... Here is my smb.conf file # Global parameters[global]        workgroup = MATRIX        netbios name = NEMESIS        netbios aliases = Hades        server string = New Samba %v Server %T        encrypt passwords = Yes        update encrypted = Yes        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u        passwd chat debug = Yes        username map = /etc/samba/user.map        unix password sync = Yes        log level = 1        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m        max log size = 50        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts lmhosts        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192        load printers = No        wins support = Yes        printing = lprng        hide unreadable = Yes[Marketing]        comment = Marketing Information -v.4        path = /mnt/raid1/marketing        valid users = +market        read only = No        inherit permissions = Yes[Images]        comment = Project Images        path = /mnt/raid1/images        read only = No        create mask = 0664        inherit permissions = Yes[printers]        comment = All Printers        path = /var/spool/samba        printable = Yes        browseable = NoAny help would be greatly appreciated.... Clay