[Samba] Symbolic links and SAMBA

Simo Sorce simo.sorce at xsec.it
Fri Dec 13 22:32:00 GMT 2002

In samba 3.0 we have unix extensions, they will be available to
GNU/Linux client through steve's new CIFS fs (in linux kernel 2.5)
most probably.

While I still puch for NFS currently, I have to say that CIFS security
model is much better as it does not trust machines but requires each
user to authenticate.

Simo.

Simo Sorce - simo.sorce at xsec.it
Xsec s.r.l.
via Durando 10 Ed. G - 20158 - Milano
tel. +39 02 2399 7130 - fax: +39 02 700 442 399