[Samba] winbind help for newbie

LaSusa, Dan DLasusa at laerdal.com
Fri Dec 13 17:48:46 GMT 2002

I joined the domain (LMC) with the following command

Smbpasswd -j LMC -r LMC_EXC1 (this is our PDC) -U administrator

I then got prompted for the password, I entered it

And got the message "Joined the LMC Domain"

Then I stopped and restarted the smb service

Did a wbinfo -u and then -g and still got info for the LMCMIG domain.

I then went into the smb.conf file, changed

Password server = *

Password server = LMC_EXC1

Restarted smb

Still got the info for LMCMIG

Went back into smb.conf

Changed

Password server = LMC_EXC1

Password server = (IP address of server)

Restarted smb

Still no luck.

Does SMB or Winbind have the info cached somewhere?  Is there a way to flush
that cache???

Thanks for your help!