[Samba] (fwd from phsan@cs.siu.edu) Compiling error

Yihua Philip Sheng phsan at cs.siu.edu
Thu Dec 12 22:54:00 GMT 2002

----- Forwarded message from Yihua Philip Sheng <phsan at cs.siu.edu> -----

From: "Yihua Philip Sheng" <phsan at cs.siu.edu>
Subject: Compiling error
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:49:45 -0600
To: <samba-binaries-admin at lists.samba.org>

   When I tried to compile the new version (2.2.7a) on a Sun Solaris 7
   machine, it gives me the following error:

   Using LIBS = -lsec -lgen -lsocket -lnsl  -ldl
   Linking bin/smbd
   /usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- E
   usage: ld [-abc:d:e:f:h:il:mo:p:rstu:z:B:D:F:GI:L:M:N:P:Q:R:S:VY:] file(s)
           [-a]            create an absolute file
           [-b]            do not do special PIC relocations in a.out
           [-c file]       record configuration `file'
           [-d y|n]        operate in dynamic|static mode
           [-e sym]        use `sym' as entry point address
           [-f name]       specify library for which this file is an
   auxiliary filter

   Any suggestion to fix it?

   Thanks,

   Philip