[Samba] Samba & ACL

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed Dec 11 23:19:01 GMT 2002

On December 11, kip at finfonet.com said:
> Waider,
> Would you mind commenting further on what you had to do to get RedHat 8.0
> support ACLs.
>
> Thanks
> K.C.

Sure:
* Download kernel SRPM
* Modify patches[1]
* Spend several hours rebuilding kernel packages

[1] is obviously the tricky bit. I'm testing out the modified patches
at the moment, plus I've offered them to the bestbits guy but not yet
received a reply. I'll stick 'em on my website tomorrow at some point
and post the URL here for interested parties.

Note, I've done this for Red Hat 7.3 but since the kernel versions are
the same (2.4.18-18) I think the patches will apply easily enough to
the Red Hat 8.0 SRPM.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"Life sucks. Get a helmet."
 - Denis Leary, as quoted by Susan Witterick on "It never rains, it POURS."