[Samba] Uninstall Samba?

Long-Sheng Kuo lskuo at fgs.org.tw
Wed Dec 11 04:34:01 GMT 2002

In fact, my situation is that I did use Mandrake Control Center or package
management (RPM) to install Samba (Samba-common, Samba-docs,
Samba-winbind,...) and it works. Then I downloaded the latest verion of
Samba (source code) and configured it, make; make install. It looks the
installation was successful except Control Center or package management in
MDK9.0 didn't recognize the new Samba because it is not rpm.  Besides, the
environment settings in MDK9.0 are different from the instructions (no
inetd.conf, for example). Now I am trying to uninstall the new Samba
installed via source code. What should I do?

In addition, how to install Samba so that it would set PATH automatically
to run Samba command more conveniently?

Thanks for reply.

Long-Sheng   Dec. 11, 02