[Samba] Windows 2000 Client unable to log onto Samba PDC 2.27

Cedric Spence spence23 at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 11 00:43:01 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I am having trouble adding a windows 2000 client to a Redhat 8.0 Server
running Samba 2.2.7 Domain

Samba is the only PDC on the Network

everytime I try to add the windows 2000 computer to the Domain using the
root user, I get the error " The following error occured

attempting to join the domain "nextechvt" The Specified user dooes not
exist'

I know the root user was added because I used the command smbpasswd -a root

I am able to access the samba server through this method

My Network Places

entire network

entire contents

Microsoft Windows Network

\\servername\\

then I can connect as root using the correct password
I find it weird because when ever I try to connect the client to the
domain it states that the user does not exist.

Help Help
Can anyone help me out here is my smb.conf file below

# Samba config file created using SWAT

# from localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1)

# Date: 2002/12/04 23:35:50

# Global parameters

[global]

workgroup = NEXTECHVT

netbios name = REDLINUX

server string = Samba Server %v

interfaces = eth1

encrypt passwords = Yes

obey pam restrictions = Yes

pam password change = Yes

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u

passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n

unix password sync = Yes

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

max log size = 50

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u

logon script = netlogon.bat

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

logon drive = H:

logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile

domain logons = Yes

os level = 64

preferred master = Yes

domain master = Yes

dns proxy = No

hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0

printing = lprng

domain admin group = @adm

[homes]

comment = Home Directories