[Samba] ACL issues still unresolved

Dragan Krnic dkrnic at lycos.com
Thu Dec 5 15:39:01 GMT 2002

>(b) In said ACL properties dialog, the usernames displayed
>are the UNIX ones, not the ones converted with the username
>map option.

Why not use original Windows names and take users map out of the loop?

While a blank in user's name is strictly a no-no and all lower case is
preferable, most *nices can deal with names longer than 8 chars,
although "ls -l"-listings may appear messy.

As for your (a) question, should we chase back your previous mails
to find out exactly what samba version on which platform you are
using, or can you discretely include that info in a mail?