[Samba] Can you change your NT user password from linux using Samba?

George Lenzer George.Lenzer at cpl.org
Thu Dec 5 05:14:49 GMT 2002

I've been using Samba for a while but only started using winbind
yesterday.  This led me to wonder, is it possible to change the NT
domain user password using smbpasswd or some other command?  So if my
username is "joe", my domain is CORPINC, and my password is "cheetah",
can I change any attribute of the domain account such that I could set
up any of the following:

CORPINC+joe%cougar
CORPINC+usedtobejoe%cougar

Or do I still have to handle this part of NT administration from the
NT side?

Thanks,
George