[Samba] poor transfer speeds - Technical comment required

Tinsley, Rod rod.tinsley at maynegroup.com
Wed Dec 4 04:10:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

We are using Samba to transfer files from our main production server on the
east coast of Australia (NSW) to a site on the west coast, a distance of
some 5000 kms. Although we are using a 32MB ATM comms link we are
experiencing significant delays. Some consultants in the west gave us the
explaination cotained in the attached letter. Could you please confirm that
this is indeed the case and if there is anything that could help.

 <<Samba at Western Diagnostic Pathology>>

rod.tinsley at maynegroup.com

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com