[Samba] RE: Machine accounts are no longer recognized in SAMBA 3.0-20-4

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Tue Dec 3 22:31:00 GMT 2002

After verifying my smb.conf file, the only thing that changed was this
"panic action" command was added.  My smb.conf is attached.

All our workstations stopped working.  If I change the computer name,
switch to workgroup, then try to re-join the domain under a different
computer name, it works.  Do you know what .tdb file machine information
is stored in.

Also I exported all information from the pdbedit backend using pdbedit
-e to an smbpasswd format and everything looked fine.  All machine
accounts were listed.  So I don't think it's the passdb.tdb.

I'm really puzzled by this one.

Thanks!
IRV