[Samba] Limit on name size for cloned home directories?

Crystal Morillo cmorillo at kinkaid.org
Thu Aug 29 09:03:01 GMT 2002

hello,

I'm running Samba 2.2.5 and we recently went through a user login format
change. We have the "security = user" option and when the home
directories are cloned with the username (firstname.lastname), only
those users with less than 12 characters in their login are able to
click on their user named folder.
The temporary work around is to have long-named users click on the
"homes" share, which opens directly to their home folder.

Is there any way to either
1) only have "Homes" show up and not have it clone the user home
directory or
2) Edit some configuration preference somewhere to increase the length
of the folder name it can clone?

TIA for any hints.

Crystal
cmorillo at kinkaid.org