[Samba] Windows XP - mandatory Profiles

oliver.fink at ak-vorarlberg.at oliver.fink at ak-vorarlberg.at
Wed Aug 28 23:50:01 GMT 2002

I tried to get mandatory profiles to run
under Windows XP on a samba PDC.

The server-based profiles work fine - but I want the user
only to have the Server-Profile and the user
can change his desktop... but the next time he logs
in he has his original profile again.

I tried to rename the ntuser.dat in ntuser.man
(as it worked in NT4 and win2000) but it didn't work.
When the user logs out a new ntuser.dat is created in the profile
dir.

So I tried to take away write permission for the user
-> but then I get a error message every time I log
out. (something like: the server based profile
can't be written due to permission problems...)

I'm sure someone did have this problem, too.

Thanks in advance

Greeting Olli

BildungsCenter der Arbeiterkammer Vorarlberg
Fink Olli
Schiesstätte 16
6800 Feldkirch

Tel.: 05522/3551-16