[Samba] ACL: need additional samba option ?

Pierre Dehaen dehaen at milano.drever.be
Mon Aug 26 02:06:00 GMT 2002

Thanks Oliver,

Your solution looks great ! I'm currently testing it. One thing I already noted -
although not a problem here- is that a file/directory created in the share will
show, respectively, r--/r-x as rights for "other" instead of "---".

My only concern left is about finding a way to let, by default, only the owner of
a file update it. If user1 and user2 have the right (acl) to create a file in a
directory, they can also update each other's file. I cannot set the default acl
entries on the directory to r-x because of they need rwx on subdirectories
they create.

To summaries my point: I think the concept of "default" acl entries is bad, we
should have the possibility to create "defaultfile:..." and "defaultdir:..." entries !
It could be possible to circumvent that problem with some new samba
options.

Thanks again,
Pierre